It can be scary thinking about having your tree removed. After all, it’s been a source of beauty and shade for years in the yard. What most homeowners don’t realize, though, is that a dead or diseased tree can do more harm than good. Hear us out for a moment. Maybe you’re looking at selling the house in the near future. Do you really think that such a tree will lure prospective buyers? Probably not. That’s why it’s a good idea to take a close look at your tree to see if removal may be the best option. Here are the seven reasons why your beloved tree might need to be removed sooner rather than later:
Request your free estimate today
- The tree is unhealthy or dead – Let’s get the most obvious one out of the way first. Do you notice that the top of the tree or branches are dying back? Is the trunk starting to show signs of decay? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then removal should be a priority.
- The tree was damaged in a storm – We have some pretty nasty lightning storms from time to time in Chicago. It goes without saying that wind gusts and lightning strikes can wreak havoc on trees. If yours was a recent victim, then it’s time to get in touch with a professional tree service.
- You discover natural splitting or cracking at critical parts of the tree – This is never a good thing. However, should you notice natural splitting or cracking, it’s best to consult a seasoned tree care expert.
- The tree’s structure is encroaching on major structures – Take a close look at your tree. Are the branches growing too close to the house, barn, utility lines, or other structures? This can be a significant safety hazard if not dealt with in a timely fashion. The last thing you want is for your overgrown tree to cause an accident of some sort.
- The tree is inhibiting your lawn to grow – We all love the shade from trees on a hot summer day. Your grass, though? Not so much. As with all plants, grass requires plenty of sunlight to grow. Who says you have to deal with an ugly lawn forever? The fact is that having your tree removed can make a difference.
- Significant aging – Trees can live anywhere from 40 to 5,000 years, depending on the species. That said, aging certainly takes a toll on all trees.
- Bug infestation – There’s no doubt that trees are hardy creatures. Just know that a disease or insect infestation will eventually spell trouble for your tree.
DEPENDABLE TREE REMOVAL
So you think that removing a tree is a simple task? Think again. Tree removal carries a significant risk of damage to a person, property, or both. That’s why it’s best to leave such a task in the hands of a professional. Chicago residents have relied on Pro Tree Service for nearly four decades. We do it all, from tree removal and tree trimming to land clearing and tree pruning.
Now is the time to put your tree care worries to rest. Contact us today to request an estimate.