Wouldn’t it be nice if our trees looked beautiful and stayed healthy without needing routine care? With the drastic changes of weather in Chicago and the range of tree diseases, it’s important to consult with a reliable tree service expert. At Pro Tree Service, we can offer professional advice on working with certified arborists.
By definition, an arborist is trained in planting, caring for, and maintaining trees. These folks are knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are not only trained but also equipped to provide proper care. It sounds simple, but hiring an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly. After all, proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns down the road should you choose to sell your house. Tree trimming and pruning can be dangerous, but even more so for the careless homeowners or improperly equipped “arborist.”
Let’s say that the Chicago area gets hit with a nasty hailstorm, leaving trees in a compromised state. Chances are there will be door-to-door solicitors claiming to be associated with a reputable tree company. These so-called experts will then perform minimal work on the trees or do nothing at all, claiming that they are still rounding up their team.
Here are several pieces of advice in keeping with the standards practiced by legitimate tree care companies:
- Avoid doing business with unsolicited contractors altogether.
- Verify with the International Society of Arboriculture to ensure that an arborist is certified.
- For large jobs, in particular, get more than one bid.
- Insist on a written contract detailing what will be done, materials used, as well as start and completion dates.
- Ask for proof of liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Don’t pay any money up front.
- Don’t pay in full until the job is complete, you’re satisfied, and you’ve received a “lien waiver” showing the contractor has paid all subcontractors and suppliers, and that the inspector has signed off on the job.
- Always get a Better Business Bureau report.
The ISA defines certified arborists as those who have achieved a level of knowledge in tree care through experience and by passing a comprehensive examination developed by some of the nation’s leading experts. In addition, certified arborists must continue their education to maintain their certification and adhere to a Code of Ethics. Keep in mind that ISA certification is not government-sponsored or endorsed.
TREE TRIMMING FROM PRO TREE SERVICE
It may look easy at times, but tree pruning and trimming require a great deal of precision and experience. Since 1989, the fully insured and bonded team at Pro Tree has been handling every kind of project you can imagine. Our tree company can handle damaged, diseased, or dead branches; properly manage overgrown trees that may be too close to utility lines or roadways; and shore up limbs or branches for cosmetic purposes.
With Pro Tree, we cover all the bases. We can provide customers with certification of insurance, as well as peace of mind as we use the top-of-the-line industry equipment. Don’t forget to ask about our Best Price Guarantee.
Contact the professionals at Pro Tree today.